I absolutely love baking, it truly is one of my greatest joys in life. Well, baking and making food in general, I am a true homebody and love nothing more than to make my own food for me and the family. And these vegan sweet potato muffins are just pure joy and delicious!
Whether it is a simple salad, warming cosy porridge, a cup of tea whilst making breakfast, a birthday cake or finding new recipes to follow. One thing I love about this is sharing it with my family. It brings great pride knowing that my children are learning the simple joy of making their own food and getting to appreciate and enjoy the work of this.
As a homeschooling family, one of my philosophies is to learn through life and this lesson happens every single day with every single meal. The usual breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner and the occasional baked goodies such as cupcakes and cakes. Normal everyday things are part of our “schooling” such as making meals.
This vegan sweet potato muffins recipe was inspired by the amazing mama Ellen Fisher who loves in Hawaii homeschooling her children creating delicious vegan food with her husband.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link. Please see my disclosure for more details.
I think I love the creating process more than the actual eating part of cakes… or perhaps I just love the whole process from start to end in my mouth haha. Being able to do this with my family fills my heart with so much love and it excites me for all the delicious goodness we are going to make together for years to come!
These vegan sweet potato muffins are so easy to make. Packed with healthy yummy ingredients that are easily accessible online or from supermarkets.
Muffins are fun to make and easy for kids to help with the making process, plus a perfect size to eat!!
The muffins are vegan, gluten free, healthy, yummy and easy. What more could you want in a muffin? Oh they are fudgey too!!
Vegan Sweet Potato Muffins
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup oat flour (make your own by pulsing dry oats in a blender)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 6 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 220c. Slice a line on the sweet potato, then bake in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour until soft.
- Let the sweet potato cool for 20 to 30 minutes. Turn the oven down to 180c. Once the sweet potato is cooled, remove the skin and place the sweet potato into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add into the blender: peanut butter. sugar, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Then add the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides to ensure all the mixture is blended.
- Add the chopped dates to the blender and blend until mostly incorporated. Some bits won’t blend fully and that’s ok as it tastes yummy!
- Scoop small spoonfuls into a non-stick muffin tin or use cupcake/bun liners to avoid sticking to the tin.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Check after 10 minutes using a cake metal tester, there should be a little of the mixture on the cake tester when checking them.
- Remove from the oven and leave to sit to cool down.
This is a simple yummy recipe for vegan sweet potato muffins that we love and I am sure you will do too!
Check out 32 Healthy Vegan Recipes for more food inspiration!
Want to boost wellness? Get Revive Essential Oils. These are my favourite essential oils for diffusing, skincare, haircare, dog care and housework. Code: REBECCA10
What is your favourite recipe to bake with your little ones? Let me know in the comments what you like baking and if you make this recipe, I would love to hear from you 🙂
100% Free Mum Self Care Guide
Get the exact steps I have used to help me be a healthy happy mummy whilst being a stay-at-home homeschooling blogging mum!